Now, more than ever, it's important for us to connect, and to feel like we are a part of the communities that we live, work, learn and play in. There are many places and people to connect to on campus. The Residence Halls, your classes, Associated Students, the HUB and more, but none that offer the myriad of ways to engage than Student Involvement.
We strive to enrich the student experience through co-curricular opportunities that immerse you in getting involved, making connections, leadership and professional and personal growth. There are over 120 clubs and organizations, including a number that are run by graduate students, ranging from academic/departmental, multicultural, spiritual, political, social, special interest, performing arts, competitive sports clubs, and so much more. Student Involvement creates and implements social and educational events and programs to help build community, Seawolf spirit, and traditions at SSU!
Are you ready to engage with others and your campus? Start by logging into Engage@SSU with your SSU credentials (Find the tile on the SSU log-in page). Through this site, you can find our many clubs and organizations, learn more about events that are happening and find the group of people that will add to your experience at SSU!
Why Get Involved?
- Meet new people and make forever friends who have similar interests
- Involved students feel more connected to the university, the campus community, and their peers
- Being involved is a great resumé builder
- Gain new skills and experience: leadership, communication, problem-solving, group development and management, public speaking, and so much more!
- Studies show that the more engaged and involved a student is on campus, the better time management skills they will possess
Make your college experience exciting and challenge yourself by getting involved in one or more student clubs and organizations on campus.
Check out the Club/Organization Directory!